Monday, December 14, 2009

Swindoll is still the MAN!

I heard Chuck Swindoll in person for the first time a couple months ago at Catalyst in Atlanta. I'd heard of him all my life and have read a few of his books. It surprised me that they had asked him to speak at a young leaders conference and it may have surprised him too (he was 20 years older than the next oldest speaker). I'm putting a few things he said on here so that I don't lose them.

"When God has an impossible task, he chooses and impossible man...and crushes him!"

10 Things it too Swindoll a lifetime to Learn:
1. It's lonely to lead
2. It's dangerous to succeed
3. It's hardest at home
4. It's essential to be real
5. It's painful to obey
6. Brokenness and failure are essential
7. Attitude is greater than action
8. Integrity is greater than image
9. God's way is always better than my way
10. Christ-likeness begins and ends with humility

He could have turned this into a 10 session seminar and I would have signed up. In any case, each of these carry greater weight coming from a man of his stature than if anyone else had said them and are deserving of my continual reflection.

No comments: